Thursday 13 August 2015

A few of my WIPs . . .

Hi Everyone !

OMG , you should see the state of my livingroom table ! ! ! Or maybe not . . . ha ha !
It is totally covered with Zip Lock plastic bags filled with a variety of different cross stitch projects . . . One day I may be brave enough to share a picture of my own personal WIP chaos , ha ha , but today is not the day : ) )

I cannot show you ALL of my Xmas gift projects , but luckily there are still plenty of WIPs whose future recipients won't read this blog .

So here are a few of my WIPs screaming for attention on my livingroom table . . .

 
I have shown you these before . They are freebie gift tags designed by Fiona Crouch from Cross Stitcher magazine issue 286 . I have now finished these and I am in the process of thinking of how to use these charts again for more gift tags - hence the WIP status : ) I loved stitching these simple yet Xmassy  designs , but instead of stitching with red thread on white aida , I think I'm going to stitch them on red aida fabric with white thread . That should be equally Xmassy , don't you think ? ! Or I might stitch these designs using metallics . . . If I am going to make gift tags for all my Xmas gifts I still have about 40 to do so wish me luck : )
 


These strawberries ( designed by Lucie Heaton in Cross Stitcher magazine issue 239) you have seen before too , but now I have started the backstitch on the first few . And you were all right ; they benefited from some backstitch : ) I have now stiched 6 berries and I have at least 6 more to stitch . . . Boring , but I must say that they look yummie , so I am pleased with the progress :)


Those of you who take part in the Christmas Ornie SAL 2015 recognize this Prairie Schooler Santa , which is going to be my ornament for August : ) I love working on this Santa ( from Cross Stitch Collection magazine issue 243 ) and I am really looking forward to do the other two designs featured in the magazine : )


 
This ABC I found in Cross Stitch Collection magazine issue 246. I loved these pretty Zweigart letters, but I realised too late that I should have stitched them on coloured aida instead of the white aida band . . . I just wasn't thinking . . !  As this looks , you can hardly make out the pretty LITTLE flowers, nor the blue backstitch . Bummer ! However, I will carry on with this particular aida band , and maybe I'll stitch it onto a blue towel to bring out the blue in the letters . But next time I use this pretty ABC it will definitely not be on white aida !
 

At last I just have to show you my progress on Joan Elliott's Christmas Fairy ( from Cross Stitch Crazy magazine issue 159 ) ! I'm a huge Christmas nerd (I even have my own Christmas blog ) and in the evenings I have started to watch some Xmas movies and lit some scented Christmas Candles and then stitched on my Xmas Fairy . Therefore progress has been good : ) This is another project that I am totally in love with , so I am very happy that I have been able to find some special time in the day when I work solely on this Fairy , just for myself : )

That is all from me for this time : )

Happy Stitching!

Annie

6 comments:

  1. You're not alone, I too don't have the courage to show the mess of my WIPs and fabric in the drawers (as of now, only my threads are in impeccable arrangement, lol). Your tags are so cute and neat! The backstitch made the strawberries yummier. You're really in the Christmas mood with your WIPs, great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi You seem to be progressing well with your Christmas stitching. I plan to spend the rest of today stitching my Santa for the Ornament SAL. I seem to have so many different craft projects on the go at the moment. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely progress I would definitely do white stitching on red. Even better if you use some PTB or kreinik so it'll look like snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful WIPs, Annie - I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Annie
    I love your wips - specially the red and white tags!
    I love Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, such a lot of stitching, Annie. Your gift tags look all gorgeous with the different fabrics you used. I think it's a great idea to stitch them again with white on red.
    Backstitching these strawberries makes them pop out , they look really good now. And nice progress on the other WIPs.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!